Deter’s Equine formula does not contain Pyrethins, Permethrins or DEET. Instead, our formula uses natural oils and plant derivatives – ingredients which are GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe), biodegradable and safe for the environment. This formula allows Deter to provide horse owners with a safe, natural product that has also been shown to be effective against biting flies in independent field tests.
Deter Equine Insect Repellent is designed to be mixed with water in a 1:7 dilution allowing you to make insect repellent as you need it. About 8 oz. of diluted Deter solution (applied by spray or wipe) is typically enough for the average size horse. One bottle of concentrate will provide up to eight applications.
- All ingredients are GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe).
- Does not contain DEET, Pyrethins or Permethrins.
- Formula complies with EPA guidelines for minimum risk pesticides.
- Biodegradable and safe for the environment.
- Independent field tests confirm complete protection against the nuisance of biting flies.
- Apply by spray or wipe.
- Economical 8 oz. concentrate is diluted 1:7 with water.
- One bottle provides up to eight applications.
Learn more about Deter Equine Insect Repellent natural ingredients in our Skincare Glossary.
Available in 8 oz. bottle